- Personal Information
- Information we collect
- How we collect personal information
- Purpose of collection
- Use and Disclosure of personal information
- Quality & Correction
- How we store personal information
- Website & Cookies
- Complaint Resolution
Secure Parking Pty Ltd (ABN 31 669 236 037) (we, us, our and other similar expressions) respects the privacy rights of all individuals with which it deals with across all aspects of our business.
This policy tells you how we collect, use, distribute and protect your personal information. We encourage you to read this policy carefully so that you understand our information handling practices.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information is defined to be information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In order to provide you with services, we may need to collect and use personal information about you or others. If we are not provided with all the personal information we request, we may not be able to provide our services.
The extent and type of information we collect and handle depends on which service you use, but may include your name, address, email address, mobile number, date of birth, gender, employment status, parking habits and lifestyle choices. If you use our Secure-a-Spot, Advantage Parker, Monthly Parking or Prepaid Parking services, we may also collect your credit card details.
4. HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Generally, we collect an individual’s personal information from that individual. For example, we collect personal information when you register as a member of our Club Secure loyalty program, when you use our Secure-a-Spot service, or become an Advantage Parker, Prepaid Parking or Monthly Parking customer, when you apply for a job with us or you contract with us.
There may be occasions where we need to source personal information about you from a third party. For example, we may collect personal information from companies with whom you work, other organisations with whom you have dealings, information service providers or from a publicly maintained records.
5. PURPOSE OF COLLECTION
We collect personal information for the following purposes:
- to identify users of our service, potential users and their representatives;
- to provide our services;
- to develop and implement initiatives to improve our services;
- to develop new services;
- to seek your opinions or comments about our services;
- to inform you and others about offers or other benefits (including third party benefits) that may become available;
- to carry out our management, administrative, quality assurance and complaint handling activities in a professional and efficient manner;
- to conduct consumer and market research;
- processing job applications; and
- to follow up or pursue any queries you make.
6. USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use and disclose the personal information we collect for the purposes indicated above, and for other secondary purposes.
We usually disclose the personal information we collect to our related entities, service providers and contractors, who help us supply our products and services.
We may be required, as a result of contractual obligations, to disclose personal information we collect to the landlords of particular car parking facilities we manage and operate, and to auditors who conduct audits of our business and services.
Except where indicated above, we will not use or disclose personal information unless:
- the individual concerned has consented to the disclosure;
- the third party is our agent, service provider or contractor, in which case we will require them to use and disclose the personal information only for the purpose for which it was provided to them;
- the third party is a person involved in a dealing or proposed dealing (including a sale) of all or part of our assets and business; or
- the disclosure is permitted, required or authorised by or under law.
We may use personal information to advise the individual concerned of new products and services and marketing initiatives that we think may be of interest to them. This may include product or service offerings, newsletters and general information about us or third parties.
Those who prefer not to receive information about such products and services can either:
- contact us and ask to be removed from the relevant circulation list. Contact details for our Privacy Officer appear at the end of this policy; or
- follow the unsubscribe directions in the relevant electronic message.
Unsubscribing however, will not end transmission of service-related emails from us, such as administrative email alerts in relation to your account settings.
8. QUALITY & CORRECTIONAt all times we strive to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If at any time you believe the personal information that we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, you should let us know. We will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information. Alternatively, you may do this at any time by logging into secureaspot.secureparking.com.au/MyHome (our booking website) and clicking on ‘account details’ and changing details and clicking 'save'.
If at any time you want to know what personal information we hold about you, you are welcome to request access to that information by contacting us at the contact details listed below. However, where:
- the access impacts on the privacy of others;
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
- there are existing or anticipated legal proceedings; or
- such access can be denied under law or by a law enforcement agency,
- we may not be able to provide you with access to the personal information we hold about you.
If we deny your request for access, we will let you know why. We may also charge a fee to cover the reasonable costs we incur in processing your request.
10. HOW WE STORE PERSONAL INFORMATIONAccess to personal information is limited to those of our personnel who specifically need it to carry out their business responsibilities.
We take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold about you and to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration. Any personal information you provide to us electronically is stored on secure servers. Our employees are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. We also maintain physical security procedures to manage and protect the use and storage of records containing personal information.
11. WEBSITE & COOKIES
To ensure we are meeting the needs and wants of our website users, and to develop our online services, we may collect aggregated information by using cookies or similar electronic tools.
We may update or change this policy at any time. When we do so, we will publish the current policy on our website. The amended policy will apply between us whether or not we have given you specific notice of any change.
13. COMPLAINT RESOLUTION
We are committed to constantly improving our procedures so that personal information is treated appropriately. If you feel that we have failed to deal with your personal information in accordance with this policy, please contact us at the details below so that we have an opportunity to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.
We will log your complaint and our privacy officer will, within a reasonable time:
- listen to your concerns and grievances;
- discuss with you the ways in which we can remedy the situation; and
- put in place an action plan to resolve your complaint and improve our information handling procedures if appropriate.
If you remain dissatisfied, you can also make a formal complaint with the Officer of the Australian Information Commissioner:Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)
Complaints must be made in writing
1300 363 992
Director of Compliance
Office of the Australian
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
14. DISCLOSURE TO OVERSEAS RECIPIENTS
We are likely to disclose limited personal information to recipients located in India, for account management and administrative purposes.
15. CONTACT US
If you wish to access any personal information that we hold about you, or have a query about this policy, please contact our Privacy Officer:
Last updated: 4 December 2018