Launching Secure's Environmental Social Governance Program
As part of Secure Parking’s commitment in delivering our Environmental Social Governance Program (ESG) we would like to invite you to work with our preferred charities to give back to the community.
Our team takes part of a shared scheme whereas volunteers dedicate their time to help in the charity activities. Let us help contribute for the betterment of our nation!
What are the Charities?
Share the Dignity - Sandgate QLD
Works to make a real, on the ground difference in the lives of those experiencing homelessness, fleeing domestic violence, or doing it tough.
We distribute period products to women, girls, and anyone who menstruates who needs support. When someone is doing it tough, the last thing on their mind should be dealing with their period..
- August – Dignity Drive
- 19-28 November - #ITSIN THE BAG
- October – MOVE4DIGNITY
- Host your own DigniTea
- Birthday Fundraiser
- Champion of Change
- Host your own Fundraising Activity
Beddown - Brisbane QLD
The aim of Beddown is to take spaces that are commonly used and busy during the day but at night are left vacant or empty.
Beddown then activates and repurposes the space at night into pop-up accommodation to ensure the homeless, those who are sleeping rough are then able to come and get into a bed at night.
- Secure Parking will do the drive throughout the year for essential donations. Example is the Pajama driver for winter.
Look Good Feel Better Cancer Patient Foundation -Alexandria NSW
Look Good Feel Better is a free national community service program, run by the Cancer Patients Foundation, dedicated to teaching cancer patients how to manage the appearance-related side-effects caused by treatment for any type of cancer.
- September – Feel Better Month - Feel Better Month is held each year in September. This is the time of year where we encourage our supporters to fundraise for us whether that’s via a simple fundraising activity in the office (like a gold coin donation for wearing crazy socks!) or through a cause-related marketing campaign like the donation of $1 or a percentage of sales for the month.
- 27 August 2021 – Dream Ball - Dream Ball in our major annual fundraiser with over 500 influential guests gathering at The Star Event Centre in Sydney to enjoy a fun filled evening in support of the program. We aim to raise $400,000 allowing Look Good Feel Better to run 400 workshops around Australia.
- Hand sanitiser drive - Since returning to face-to-face workshops post pandemic this year, we
have been aiming to provide a 50ml hand sanitiser in each Confidence Kit. It has been a challenge to source enough donations to meet the demand of 10,000 patients so we would appreciate any help you are able to provide!
Edgar's Mission - Lancefield VIC
Was founded by Pam Ahern, who acquired a pig as part of a campaign to raise awareness about the plight of pigs. He would come to be known as Edgar Alan Pig and his mission of kindness continues to this day. Over the years the sanctuary has grown from housing one to over 400 animals, with thousands more rescued and rehomed with loving families.
- 10 July 2021 – Bunning BBQ
- 12 December 2021 – Community Christmas Carols
- 09 October 2021 – ABC Gardeners Market
- 02 November 2021 – Melbourne Cup
- 11 December 2021 – Bunning BBQ
Hutt Street Centre -Adelaide SA
Is a place of hope and opportunity, helping people facing homelessness to rebuild their lives, without judgement.
Sammy D Foundation –Edwardstown SA
Educates young people on the impacts of bullying, and drug and alcohol fuelled violence.
By providing relevant age appropriate knowledge and tools, young people are empowered to make positive life decisions for a better community.
- 03 June 2021 – Start Time 9:00am
- 11 June 2021 – Start Time 9:00am
- 25 June 2021 – Start Time 9:00am
- 01 July 2021– Start Time 9:00am
Still Aware -Adelaide SA
Their purpose is to stop unnecessary death of babies.
Fact 6 babies a day are born without breath.
Still Aware exist to end preventable stillbirth through awareness and education.
- August 06 to 08, 2021 – Perth
- August 28 to 29, 2021 – Canberra
- September 25 & 26. 2021 – Sydney
- Oct 22 to 24, 2021 – Melbourne
- Nov 06 to 07, 2021 – Sydney
- Nov 20 to 21, 2021 – Brisbane
- Feb 05 to 06, 2022 – Sydney
- Feb 26 & 27, 2022 – Melbourne
- Mar 26 to 27, 2022 – Canberra
- April 30 & May 01, 2022 – Adelaide
- May 13 to 15, 2022 – Sydney
- June 17 to 19, 2022 – Brisbane
- July 23 to 24, 2022 – Newcastle
- Aug 12 to 14, 2022 – Perth
- Sep 03 to 04, 2022 – Sydney
- Oct 14 to 16, 2022 – Melbourne
- Nov 26 to 27, 2022 - Brisbane
Leukaemia & Blood Cancer NZ (LBC) -Epsom Auckland NZ
With a vision to cure and a mission to care, we are committed to improving the quality of life for patients and their families living with leukaemia, lymphoma, myeloma, and related blood conditions.
- 18 July 2021 - Step Up Challenge Stadium – Auckland Eden Park
- 17 October 2021 - Step Up Challenge Stadium Dunedin at Forsyth Barr Stadium
We invite all staff interested to please contact People & Culture to register.